We've all been there - you are sitting in a restaurant and someone in the next booth has a voice that grates on your nerves. Or, you are trying to get some work done and the person in the next cubicle is having a loud conversation on the phone. Most of the time we can tune out these irritants.
But, what happens when noise becomes something much more than just irritating? What happens when sounds feel like a physical assault?
Knowing when something is wrong
- I woke up exhausted
- I didn't lie down to rest at all afternoon
- I had a long phone call that left my ears buzzing and my head spinning
- Rather than rest, I chose to watch a funny TV show that left me with chest pains
B A M !!
They have a name for that
Noise sensitivity + Chronic Fatigue Syndrome = hyperacusis.
- Rest, rest and more rest! Our bodies can tolerate much more when we aren't ridiculously exhausted.
- Wear earplugs - It may seem a bit silly, but desperate times call for desperate measures! Wear earplugs to go to the movies, sporting events, and - yes, even when using your blender.
Wishing you a quiet and restful evening,