Trying something new
Because I want to
Because I have to
- Feeling even closer to Him - I admit that when my husband sprang the news, my first thought for God was "Really? You are going to take THIS away from me too??" Then I began listening to Praise 106.5 and as I sang along I noticed I was smiling and even felt joy!
- Concern for my husband - I definitely didn't anticipate this one, but I felt true concern for what this choice would do to him. He too will be paying a heave price for his decision.
- Trusting God more fully - It's not that I didn't trust God, but as a woman who used to be a strong Type A and highly independent, there was always a part of me that had a back-up plan in case God didn't come through... that's not faith. What I am experiencing now is a trust that is as strong as iron being forged in the hottest fire. It's not a trust that is fueled by my fear; it's a trust that is fueled by a rock-solid faith!
- Being showered with love from the most unexpected places - As I reached out in utter panic, I found many people ready to jump to my aid... and I am humbled. There is something so beautiful in watching people allow God to work through them. I feel surrounded and uplifted by His Love, and I'm grateful beyond words.
The next chapter
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *